[x264-devel] x264 question

Muneeb Dawood muneebel at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 15:21:42 CEST 2007

Hi

  I am thinking of integrating x264 in a practical c++ application where the core encoding is done using c like features and using object oriented features of c++ for application developement and gui and using various c++ libraries.

  Best Regards

  Muneeb Dawood

Måns Rullgård <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
  Muneeb Dawood writes:

> Hi All
>
> The x264 code has been written in c and some portion of it is
> written in assembly language. My question is that will it make any
> difference in performace if the portion in c would have been written
> in c++. Its known that c++ classes and object oriented features makes
> c++ slow in comparision with c but if only c like features like
> structures are used in c++ then will the x264 run slower or faster in
> that case. Thanks.

If none the distinguishing features of C++ were used, what would be
the point?

--
Måns Rullgård
mans at mansr.com