[x264-devel] Multislicing support

Alex Izvorski aizvorski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:24:43 CEST 2008

Hi Etienne,

I've looked at it, and can confirm that at least with a couple of
combinations of settings it produces a good stream for jm13.2 and ffmpeg
decoding.  The only changes I would suggest is some small tweaks to
variable names for consistency (slice_size_threshold =>
i_slice_size_threshold, b_l => b_left?), and also perhaps you can
convert it to use spaces instead of tabs?

I haven't benchmarked single-slice encoding with vs without the patch,
nor have I tried using a mb-slicesize that would end slices in mid-row
(a special corner case would be mb-slicesize=1).  Perhaps you or someone
could try and report your results?

Aside from those issues, I would like to see it applied in git, if
nobody objects.  Good work.

Regards,
--Alex