[x264-devel] Fasten motion estimation

Horst Weglanz weglanz12 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 11:37:05 CET 2008

Hello,

I've learned that motion vector estimation is a big part in the total sum of H.264 encoding. But I was wondering about this scenario: I've very little motion inside the scene but only from movement of the camera itself; and I know exactly what motion has occurred (in 3dimensional space). Is it possible to somehow precompute an offset for the motion estimation and tell x264: I've you are looking for moving pixels... I would start *here* if I were you? Simply tell him what motion has occurred in the scene so he can fasten the computation?

thanks