[x264-devel] Windows x64 support

BugMaster BugMaster at narod.ru
Mon Dec 8 22:43:16 CET 2008

I am currently trying to adapt x264 assembler optimizations for
working in Windows x64. And want to know does it really needed by x264
developers or they have own plans on it (may be I am duplicating
their work which they make internally).

My current state of work:
- Most of assemblies are working on Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (can test only
MMX, SSE2 and SSE3 assemblies);
- Debug build with MSVC 2008 works and produces the same encode as x86
build;
- Release build with MSVC 2008 _CRASHES_ somewhere in quant-a.asm;
- Need to add backup/restore of nonvolatile XMM6-XMM15 registers where
they used;
- Need to test on Core2 (for testing of SSSE3 and SSE4 optimizations).