[x264-devel] Multislicing support

Etienne Bömcke etienne.bomcke at uclouvain.be
Mon Jan 7 18:01:09 CET 2008

There's nothing wrong with them I guess. I'm working on an application
that needs to be able to replace a bottom slice by a completely
different video sequence. So I cannot have motion vectors for
macroblocks of the upper slice linking to any macroblock of the bottom
one, or else when switching slices artefacts would appear in the upper
part of the sequence.
I tried to modify the x264_mb_analyse_init function. It seems that
adjusting the values of mb.mv_min[] and mb.mv_max[] relatively to the
slice being encoded is sufficient to obtain perfectly independent
slices. Is there anything wrong with this method?

Etienne