[x264-devel] Multislicing support

Etienne Bömcke etienne.bomcke at uclouvain.be
Mon Jan 7 18:46:15 CET 2008

On 07 Jan 2008, at 18:01, Etienne Bömcke wrote:

> There's nothing wrong with them I guess. I'm working on an application
> that needs to be able to replace a bottom slice by a completely
> different video sequence. So I cannot have motion vectors for
> macroblocks of the upper slice linking to any macroblock of the bottom
> one, or else when switching slices artefacts would appear in the upper
> part of the sequence.
Just a precision : I'm aware that this feature is not part of the
standard H.264 definition, so I was planning on an additional command-
line parameter alowing the user to choose between standard slices
(independant in term of intra-prediction only) and fully independant
slices (both intra and inter-prediction).

Etienne