[x264-devel] Multislicing support

Mojtaba Hosseini Mojtaba.Hosseini at magorcorp.com
Wed Jan 16 16:08:03 CET 2008

Is this with the patch you emailed (where each slice has N macroblocks)?
When implementing multi-slice support (where each slice break happens at
a byte size threshold), I did not run into this problem.
In fact, Loren Merritt explained that rate control and multiple slices
are independent of each other here:

http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/x264-devel/2007-October/003678.html

So perhaps it is not the multiple slices that breaks the rate control but
the way you implemented it?
(Read Loren's email in the link above for other very useful information
about multi-slice report like how to test your patch, what to look for
and related issues)

Mojtaba