[x264-devel] Multislicing support

Etienne Bömcke etienne.bomcke at uclouvain.be
Wed Jan 16 13:49:42 CET 2008

I noticed that encoding a sequence in multiple slices breaks the rate
control part of x264. It seems that the rate control is applied to
each slice separatly, resulting in a global bitrate of n times the
desired bitrate, n being the number of slices. Could anyone familiar
with this part of the code point me to where I should look to resolve
this issue? By the way, does the standard tell how the bitrate should
be distributed to each slice?

Etienne