[x264-devel] pb in use activex to writ a pg for straming and no document in whole net!!

hossein khajehjafari khajehjafari at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 08:35:01 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I'm trying to make an application using vlc activex in vb6 and vb.net for streaming media through the net (internet or intranet).
I tried to use options came in vlc-help and vlcrc config file in activex, but some of them workes and the others not! i tried to find the problem and undrestood that the activex can get all variables and use them because if i change parameters in vlcrc and run my own app. parameters will affect but not if i use them directly in options array used by activex! Tried more and undrestood that the parameters that came under [MAIN] topic in vlcrc config file can be used directly in activex but not the others! Tried more and found a parameters string used by VLC app. that is combined of many prameters from [main] and others. (the rule of making this string is not anywhere!!).
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=800,scale=0.25}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=udp,dst=127.0.0.1:1234}}
but if i want to add more options in that format, again some workes some not! for example transcode options workes but x264 settings not. it is very interesting that there is not "any" document or sample project in whole over the internet that describe how can we use options in activex!!
any document or sample code or experience?!
any suggestion or idea?!!
H.K.J