[x264-devel] libx264.so.58 big problem for my FC8 distro

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:09:24 CET 2008

Hello,

On 3/10/08, Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:
> Livna repository rejects efforts to install ffmpeg.  Need help.  I svn'd
>  the x264, and copied the libx264.so.58 file to /usr/lib, added /usr/lib
>  to my path, but not able to localinstall ffmpeg february package, and
>  not able to yum install livna packages:
>  # yum install ffmpeg*

[..]

>  --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>  Error: Missing Dependency: libx264.so.58 is needed by package ffmpeg

Your problem lies in your package management system and its
repositorie(s), it's not related to x264's source code.

I'd advise to add some more package repositories to your "source.list"
(I'm sorry, I only know Debian's equivalent to yum).

Cheers,

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte