[x264-devel] Build errors in dct-a.asm and quant-a.asm

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Sun Mar 23 16:42:54 CET 2008

Hello,

Le 23 mars 08 à 12:23, vmrsss a écrit :
> On 23 Mar 2008, at 10:15, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>> What version of YASM are you using? Is it the very latest version?
>
> Compiled yesterday from SVN (http://www.tortall.net/svn/yasm/trunk/
> yasm)
>
>> $ yasm --version
>> yasm 0.6.99.HEAD
>> Compiled on Mar 23 2008.
>> Copyright (c) 2001-2007 Peter Johnson and other Yasm developers.
>> Run yasm --license for licensing overview and summary.

Works fine here:

yasm 0.6.2.1985
Compiled on Feb  3 2008.

> I am on MacOSX, till yesterday I compiled with nasm
>
>> $ nasm -v
>> NASM version 0.98.40 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 11) compiled on Feb
>> 19 2008
>
> but because of these ASM errors I tried to see if yasm would make a
> difference, which it didn't. (Also, eventually I'd like to compile
> with -arch x86_64 which looking at configure seems to require yasm --
> haven't managed yet.) I also installed gcc-4.2 from XCode beta 3.1,
> but did not help.

Which version of OSX are you using? Works here on Tiger.
Note that I'm builing the static version of the library, not the
dynamic kind.

Also, make sure you're using the very latest version, though GIT (SVN
access is read only these days, and I heard that it was broken)

Guillaume