[x264-devel] [Bug report] range error of vertical motion vector in X264 stream

임 세윤 onestar3636 at yahoo.co.kr
Wed Nov 19 08:51:59 CET 2008

Dear all,

I write this e-mail to figure out whether this is bug or not.

Recently I got a report from my customer with an x264 stream.

(My company is H/W codec provider in South Korea)

After checking the streams with Tektronix Analyzer,

I found that there were some motion vector being out of normal range

In H.264 level 5.1, As you know,  Vertical motion vectors does not exceed [-512, +511.75].

In the result of the Analyzer, some vertical motion vector has -512.75 , -525 etc...

Are these value available in X264 ?

In my guess, X264 also follows the ragne of H.264 and doesn't exceed.

If you had received or heard about similar report, please let me know

Whether this is normal in X264 or debug...

( I don't know the version of the encoder that my customer used to make the stream.)

Kindest Regards
-Kevin.lim