[x264-devel] crash in latest version

Gabriel Bouvigne gabriel.bouvigne at joost.com
Fri Oct 24 14:00:58 CEST 2008

David Sullivan a écrit :

> It seems that the patch is useful only if the call to ssd_plane comes from
> the function ssd_mb.
> In this case the variable named "size" ( static inline int ssd_plane( x264_t
> *h, int size, int p, int x, int y )  )
> has always (in my case) the value 0 that is h->pixf.hadamard_ac[size] =
> 0x0045db60 _x264_pixel_hadamard_ac_16x16_mmxext
> and no crash appens.
>
> If the call comes from x264_rd_cost_part function, the variable named "size"
> is set to 3 and the corresponding value of
> h->pixf.hadamard_ac[size] = 0x0045db60 _x264_pixel_hadamard_ac_16x16_ssse3
> and so it crashes.

Which imply that there is likely a compilation issue on your side, as
the patch is disabling SSE2/3 versions of hadamard_ac.

I tested on my side, and to me hadamard_slowmod4 patch and updated msvc
workspace are all that are necessary to have trunk version working on an
SSE2 processor when compiling with msvc.

--
Gabriel