[x264-devel] crash in latest version

David Sullivan dad.sullivan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 15:41:51 CEST 2008

Hi,
I tried the two patches posted by Gabriel and now x264 r999 works fine but
in slow_mod for my Intel Core 2 Extreme X9770 supporting the following
instructions: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 EM64T .
So subme crash came from that.

The problem was something I can't explain:
i had to add brackets to the ifs of the patch *hadamar_slowmod4.patch*

+        if (!(cpu&X264_CPU_STACK_MOD4))
+            INIT4( hadamard_ac, _ssse3 );

and this

+        if (!(cpu&X264_CPU_STACK_MOD4))
+            INIT4( hadamard_ac, _sse2 );

Don't ask me why... I know it sound crazy.
David