[x264-devel] x264 - acceleration on IBM Cell platform

Sean McGovern gseanmcg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 19:04:08 CEST 2008

Over the past few months I had started a skeleton for accelerating some functions on the Cell processor using my PlayStation 3 with Fedora Core 7. However, recently my PS3 bricked and I have sent it in for repair/replacement. Luckily the work I did was stored on my NFS server but I am not sure that I will install Linux on the machine that I get back.

I will send a diff of what I have done when I have a chance. If someone would like to take over the work please feel free.

In the mean time I was wondering if this project has a bug tracker. I wouldn't mind doing some bug-squashing on *ix or Win32 (I have Virtual Server 2005 at home -- will probably create these as VMs soon).