[x264-devel] Meaning of params: vbv_bufsize, vbv_maxrate and bitrate

BHAT DINKAR-HPXV68 dbhat at motorola.com
Wed Oct 29 18:20:38 CET 2008

Hello,

I am struggling to find out the exact relationship between the params:
vbv_bufsize, vbv_maxrate and bitrate. Can someone point to me to a
reference or explain how the three are related?

In particular, I am trying to encode a H.264 stream (in a MPEG-2 TS) at
20 Mbps for level 4.1 and set the cpb buffersize to be 25000 bits which
is the max for level 4.0. Can I do that with the above params?

Thanks
Dinkar