[x264-devel] qp value

Gabriel Bouvigne bouvigne at mp3-tech.org
Wed Dec 2 08:45:27 CET 2009

Erich Marth a écrit :
> That really won't help me. I was asking because I wanted to outsource
> the quantization on other Devices. Therefor I was trying to understand
> the qp Situation in x264 but I don't Know why those values differ
> entirely from the Standard values (MF, qp)

You might be puzzled by the fact that x264 uses qscale values in several
places instead of qp. Qscale is supposed to be a linear representation
of the qp range, hence easier to use in usual computations.
There are qscale2qp and qp2qscale functions used to go from one kind of
unit to the other one.

--
Gabriel Bouvigne
www.mp3-tech.org