[x264-devel] For interest: Fully Configurable Video Coding

Iain Richardson iainrichardson at ieee.org
Thu Feb 19 13:03:36 CET 2009

Hi

List members might be interested in the following site:
http://www.openvideocoding.org/

We are developing a video codec that can be completely re-configured
dynamically (i.e. in real time during a coding session). Changing the
codec design on-the-fly makes it possible to rapidly implement new
ideas (beyond the constraints of a standard), adapt the coding
algorithm to suit the video content, etc. It's at a very early stage
but I would be interested in any comments.

Best regards

Iain Richardson
iainrichardson-AT-ieee-DOT-org