[x264-devel] X.264 & RFC 3984 : How to use multiple NAL units...

Hadi Hadizadeh hadi.hadizadeh at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 04:41:44 CET 2009

Hi,

I am dealing with a very high resolution video, and I thought that using multiple slices
is a good idea because otherwise the size of the output NAL unit will be very large
and it is unrealisitc. But I just realized that even multislicing can not be helpful.

It seems that by using RFC 3984, we can split the output bitstream of the encoder (x.264)
to multiple NAL units. But how can we use RFC 3984 in X.264 and does this solution worth a try?

Thanks.
BRs,
Hadi