[x264-devel] [patch] control of maximum nalu size (multi-sclicing)

Etienne Bömcke etienne.bomcke at uclouvain.be
Wed Jul 8 10:23:37 CEST 2009

I don't want to brag about my work, but the patch I submitted some
time ago already had some of the features you mentioned. The max NALU
size has been implemented by Mojtaba, and the number of slice per
frame could be easily achieved by modifying the code I added to
specify the slice size in macroblocks. I'm not sure about whether it
allows deblocking across slice boundaries though, so I might have to
check that. Furthermore, my programming experience isn't sufficient
for me to judge if the code respects the x264 coding standards. If I
remember correctly, I did use spaces, but that's as far as I can go...
More seriously, If anybody's interested in that topic, I can produce
an updated patch for the most recent version, and work with him to get
it merged into x264's main branch.

Regards,

Etienne