[x264-devel] h264 video in FLV container have artifacts by playingfrom a position to next keyframe

Bruce Weir Bruce.Weir at bbc.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 23:33:29 CEST 2009

Can you attach the first 1000 or so bytes of your corrupted .flv file to a message and I will take a look?
As a wild guess, I would suggest that you are missing an I frame at the start of your file, in which case the subsequent predicted frames will be displaying incorrectly until the next I frame appears. ffplay will happily play such corrupted frames, but Flash Player probably will not. I will be able to tell for sure by taking a look at the file.

The following link describes the format of flash video
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flv/pdf/video_file_format_spec_v10.pdf <http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flv/pdf/video_file_format_spec_v10.pdf>
which should allow you to pick out the H264 video sections from your file and check if the first H264 frame is a keyframe or interframe.