[x264-devel] about single layer video coding and scalable video coding

武南龚 nangergong at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 20:45:10 CEST 2009

thank you

in fact, my purpose is simple
I just want to encode a sequence into four or more layers
and obtain sizes of each frame(or a layer segment)
time duration of each frame
and use such information for network simulation
and then compute PSNR
is there any good method?

you said :
Using the --b-pyramid option, it is also probably possible to generate
a 3 layers stream, the first layer containning I/P frames, the second
reference B frames and the third non-reference B frames.

can we treat I frame as the first layer
P frame as the second one
B frame as the third while the third non-refrence B(let's call it b) as the
forth layer?

besides, I didn't see any difference between single layer and such temporal
SVC
we just regard different frames as different layers
I guess we can still treat these frames as in the same single layer?

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Loic Le Loarer
<lll+vlc at m4x.org<lll%2Bvlc at m4x.org>