[x264-devel] Xcode Dev

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 20:10:02 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Sean McGovern <gseanmcg at gmail.com> wrote:

> There isn't an Xcode project for x264. Do you feel comfortable compiling
> from the command line? It should be buildable on OSX the same as any other
> Unix platform by running the configure script and then 'make'.

yep. You just run "./configure" from the root of x264's source tree, than
"make" from the same directory.

Patches to buld with Xcode (or any other IDE, like Sun Studio or so on) are
> certainly welcome.

I can tell you right now that I will not commit that patch that adds an
Xcode project file to x264. The reason is simple: there's a perfectly
working build system for MacOSX.

The reason why there's a separate build system for Windows is because it
doesn't support makefile-based build system by default (unlike OSX or most
Unices).

Guillaume

--
Only a very small fraction of our DNA does anything; the rest is all
comments and ifdefs.

P. J. O'Rourke<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/p_j_orourke.html>
- "If government were a product, selling it would be illegal."