[x264-devel] implementing Cluster farming?

Steven Walters kemuri9 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 04:32:00 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Guillaume POIRIER
<gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu> wrote:

> The cleanest solution to do what you want is to use MPI
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_Passing_Interface).
>
> Guillaume
> --
> Only a very small fraction of our DNA does anything; the rest is all
> comments and ifdefs.
>
> Douglas Adams  - "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they
> make as they fly by."

OK, I found the MPICH2 implementation of the MPI API to be one that
actually works for both windows and linux.
seems to be plenty of others that are linux only though.

This is going to be a fairly slow process of transformation to have
x264 become MPI capable
progress is probably going to be sparse in between working, classes,
and job hunting with graduation coming up.