[x264-devel] Yet another updated threaded slicetype patch (v14)

Steven Walters kemuri9 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 05:59:52 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Chase Geigle <sky at skystrife.com> wrote:
> I can get the v14 patch and the windows fix to segfault on the second pass
> of two pass encodes, however, my crf encodes were unaffected. Here is a
> backtrace (if useful at all):

I've been able to replicate your issue on both windows and linux, so
it's not a windows secluded issue...

it seems to be arising from the fact that h->rc = NULL on entry into
x264_ratecontrol_slice_type()

adding the following null check
if( !h->rc ) x264_ratecontrol_new( h );
at the start of the method does have it not crash,
but the proper fix would be to find why/where the initialization is
being skipped and fix it there....
but i ran out of time atm, so can't dig in deeper for the time being.