[x264-devel] Simple introductory x264 "C" usage guide

Fing Cmo fingcmo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:13:37 CET 2009

All,

I have taken a look on the x264 CLI usage and I believe
I have a rough idea of its use and parameter implications.

I, however, have had a hard time finding a simple introductory
guide on how to use the x264 library in a simple "C" main().

A simple main() that do:

1--- Open a raw (name.yuv) YUV file.
2--- Encode it to H.264 CIF using basic profile.
3--- Output the encoded file to (new_name.264)

Then I would manually play the (new_name.264) file with ffmpeg.

Could you please guide me to where I can get this basic information?

Thanks,
Ad.