[x264-devel] x264 bug?

Saoen saoen at m33w-fansubs.com
Fri Oct 9 10:32:37 CEST 2009

I am having an issue with my bitrate changing on the 2nd pass. When I
run my first pass everything runs fine and the bitrate is around what I
set it to (1810 for example) But when I run my 2nd pass it outputs the
file at 1200 witch is way off from what I set it to and thus giving me a
smaller file size then I intended. Oddly enough it only does this for
certain files and for most it works just fine. Im not quite sure if this
is a bug cause it only does it on certain occasions, and I asked a
couple others I know who do some x264 dev on their own (On occasion) and
got the same puzzled look I got when I first had this problem.