[x264-devel] Does x264 support multi-slice parallel encoding?

Leon Liu llfeng1999 at yahoo.cn
Mon Oct 12 08:40:39 CEST 2009

The frame-based parallel encoding mechanism of x264 has frame delay when enable multi-thread encoding.The number of frame delay is determined by the encoding thread count.

Leon

I don't think so. I don't see that in the commits. I also recall DS saying that adding slice based multithreading is a lot of work for almost no use.
Just curious, what kind of latency are we talking about? It can't be more than 0.5 seconds.