[x264-devel] Data partitioning and extended profile in h.264

Arindam Biswas send2ari at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 09:28:39 CEST 2009

Hi,
I need to convert a h.264 baseline video to a h.264 extended profile video
with data partitioning on the fly. From different x264 developer threads and
checking the source code I found that current version of x264 does not
support data partitioning for the current version. Is there any patch
available which can do this or is there any hook in the code where I can
implement this feature?

My ultimate goal is to stream out h.264 video over wireless. What are the
possible error resilience techniques I can use for better performance?

Thanks
Arindam