[x264-devel] Unable to configure/make x264 for irix 6.5

Tovrea, George W (US SSA) george.tovrea at baesystems.com
Wed Sep 2 20:27:26 CEST 2009

Who defines things like _MSC_VER, __GNU_LIBRARY__, etc. I am building x264 standalone and need getopt_long (not in the native SGI getopt). I had to add -I./extras to CFLAGS in Makefile to get the header pulled in but getopt.c compiled without getopt_long. It seems configure does do a very good job of figuring out what is really needed by the build (like omitting the correct -I for getopt.h).