[x264-devel] How to use a different QP for each MB...

Christina Boyd christina.boyd at live.com
Mon Sep 28 04:10:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

I want to force x264 to use different QPs for different MBs. For example, I want to use a QP of 16
for a specific region of interest and a QP of 20 for background. Where can I overwrite the QP of
each MB obtained by the other x264's rate control functions?

I found that in function x264_macroblock_encode there is a statement like this: "int i_qp = h->mb.i_qp;"
But can we use it for this purpose? Any idea? Thanks.

Best,
Christina