[x264-devel] x264 vfw (ffh264) Max Resolution

Miguel Angel Arcos marcos at a5security.com
Fri Jan 29 12:13:36 CET 2010

Hi community,

I'm trying to decode video data received from an IP Camera and I have some
problems with different resolutions.  I'm using the x264vfw codec, ffh264
decoder exactly, and when I try to decode one resolution more than 800x600
like 1280x720,1280x920,etc.... The result of the function to decode,
ICDecompress in that case, is OK but the result frame is wrong. The image
result is full grey or full zeros.  With resolutions under 800x600 I see the
image correctly.

Then, the codec that I use have some type of limitation with big
resolutions? I readed some info on inet about the ffh264 and I founded that
the project of that codec is stopped. Any know the limitation?

Thank you in advance.

--
Miguel Angel Arcos