[x264-devel] x264 vfw (ffh264) Max Resolution

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:20:07 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 3:13 AM, Miguel Angel Arcos
<marcos at a5security.com> wrote:
> Hi community,
>
> I'm trying to decode video data received from an IP Camera and I have some
> problems with different resolutions.  I'm using the x264vfw codec, ffh264
> decoder exactly, and when I try to decode one resolution more than 800x600
> like 1280x720,1280x920,etc.... The result of the function to decode,
> ICDecompress in that case, is OK but the result frame is wrong. The image
> result is full grey or full zeros.  With resolutions under 800x600 I see the
> image correctly.

x264 is not a decoder.  We do not support third party applications.

> Then, the codec that I use have some type of limitation with big
> resolutions? I readed some info on inet about the ffh264 and I founded that
> the project of that codec is stopped. Any know the limitation?

ffh264 is not "stopped"; ffmpeg is quite certainly being actively
developed, as is ffmpeg's h264 decoder.  However, I suggest you use it
through libavcodec as opposed to a third-party unsupported wrapper.

Dark Shikari