[x264-devel] interlace

Nageswara Gunupudi Nageswara.Gunupudi at harmonicinc.com
Wed May 26 19:54:45 CEST 2010

Hi,
 I tried to use the --tff to encode interlace content in two passes. Surprisingly, there is about 2.84dB PSNR drop from first pass to second pass. Is it due to a possible bug in second pass encoding.

Following are the encoding options I used in my testing.
x264.exe -v --psnr -p 1 --bitrate 1500 --keyint 250 --tff --preset slow -o out.flv in_720x480_.yuv
x264.exe -v --psnr -p 2 --bitrate 1500 --keyint 250 --tff --preset slow -o out.flv in_720x480_.yuv

Please let me know if it is known issue.

Regards,
Nag