[x264-devel] buffer size for qcif video ?

Schier Michael michael.schier at uibk.ac.at
Tue Nov 30 12:42:42 CET 2010

just very quick:
1.5 revers to 1 byte luma sample + 1/4 byte for each chroma sample. it
depends on the yuv format how the colors are storend and whether the
factor 1.5, 2 or 4 is used (yuv420, yuv 422, yuv444...)

for my part: i'm currently working with yuv420, working as following:
* the first 38016 bytes refer to luma samples
* the next 9504 bytes refer to cr
* and the last 9504 bytes refer to cb

you may find the attached source code helpful...