[x264-devel] Bug ID 8296253

Sergey Bolbat madd.korben at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 14:40:20 CEST 2010

I have the same problem, which was described by *aviad rozenhek -* my iPad
crashes after some time of playing video, transcoded by VLC on the server.
I have VLC installed from repository for Ubuntu and I don't know how to
update x264 to prevent this bug.
I've tried to download last x264 snapshot, compile it, but VLC doesn't use
this new x264 - it uses x264, which was installed from repository instead -
.
dpkg -l | grep x264
ri  libx264-98
2:0.98.1653+git88b90d9-3~ppa1~lucid1            x264 video coding library
ii  x264-snapshot-20101021
2245-1                                          Package created with
checkinstall 1.6.1

Could you please help me with updating x264?

Besides, as I have undestood, Apple fixed this bug in iOS 4.2, but my iPhone
is 4.0.1 and it has problems with playing streaming video too. Is it
possible to prevent crashing on server-side only?

Thanks a lot.