[x264-devel] Retrieve statistics from CABAC Entropy Encoder

backgroundman backgroundman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:03:52 CEST 2010

Hi to all,

I need to retrieve some informations/statistics from the encoding process.
I need statistics about the encoded bitstream before CABAC Entropy Encoder
process
(% of bits being Motion Vector Differences, % of bits being Macroblock
Quantization
Delta (Change), % of bits being Macroblock Type, and others).
Furthermore, I need statistics from the CABAC Entropy Encoder Binarization
process
(% use of Unary(U), Truncated Unary(TU), Fixed-Length(FL), k-th order
Exp-Golomb(EGk),
Unary/k-th order Exp-Golomb(UEGk) binarization scheme).

1. Is there any change to retrieve these informations from the x264 encoder
without change the source code ?
2. Is there any other program (free or commercial) that can retrieve these
information from an encoded video ?

Thank you in advance,
Thanasis