[x264-devel] x264 on embedded vortex86

Alexander Queisser / METASEC aq at metasec.de
Thu Apr 14 09:18:50 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I am not sure, if this is the right place to request help for my
problem. If someone knows a better place please give me an advice.

My problem:
I have an embedded x86 compatible System, running Debian on a vortex86
CPU (1 GHZ) with 512 MB Ram. The problem is, this kind of processor has
no support for MMX or even SSE.
I run a linphone client on such a device. I would like to use x264 for
video, but even with the fastest settings (porfile = basline, level=1.1)
the stream has a delay of 2 Seconds and the Framerate is round about 1
fps :D.
We investigated the linphnoe plugin, but there are only possibilities to
switch the x264 settings.
My question is now, if there is any possibility to modify the x264
encoder to fit the given hardware. Or is it useless an i should better
focus on an other encoder for video?

Thankfully
Alex

--
Alexander Queisser
Hörderstrasse 380      | 58454 Witten Stockum