[x264-devel] I have a few minor question relating to building my own binaries and cpu detection.

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:51:08 CEST 2011

On 07/06/2011, Branden Capell <branden5th at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering that if I build my own binary in gentoo, and compile to all
> the capabilities of my cpu, should I be worried if when I execute the
> program that it tell me "using cpu capabilities none!". Is this normal or am
> I mising something? Last of all when it says so many kb/s does that mean how
> much data it is going through to compress it or how far it is through file?

Yes, you should be worried.  You had to explicitly disable the asm to
get that message.  So you made it 4 times slower.  You are missing
yasm, which configure should have told you.

kb/s means the average bitrate of the output so far.  E.g.  x264 has
output 700 MiB of data for 30 min of video, it would say 3262.23 kb/s