[x264-devel] Best Video Streaming Settings

muli Mullius mullius87 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 11:19:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

I’m working on video streaming and I’m not sure what would be the best
encoding parameters for this.Therefore I would need to define a maximum
bitrate for one encoding.

For the moment I used a one pass encoding with the –vbv-maxrate parameter:

x264 --profile baseline --preset veryslow --vbv-maxrate 3000
--vbv-bufsize 1500 --output text.h264 test.yuv

Is this a good choise for video streaming?

Does make it sense to apply a two pass encoding when using vbv-bufsize?

Thx for help!

Mullius