[x264-devel] Best Video Streaming Settings

Alex Jurkiewicz alex at jurkiewi.cz
Sat Jun 25 13:16:39 CEST 2011

That specifies users:
1) need a 3000kbit minimum connection speed to stream the video,
2) needs to download 0.5s of video before decoding can start

It seems like reasonable settings, assuming the minimum supported
speed for your users is 3000 + (audio bitrate) + (container overhead)
+ (network overhead).

More information:
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Encoding_Suggestions#VBV_Encoding

Two pass encoding would be beneficial, if your encoding process
supports it (ie, is not live transmission, etc).

Alex