[x264-devel] x264 daily snapshots: what is the difference between the two available?

Bill Smith b_smith at xdt.com
Wed May 4 09:55:24 CEST 2011

Please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but I have searched both
the ML archives (last 5 months) and the web and I wasn't able to find an
answer to the following:

What exactly is the difference between the normal and the stable
snapshot (that is present since February) in the daily snapshot ftp
archive?
I notice both are changing frequently so in which way is the stable one
more stable?

I even didd a diff -r between the two and found that there are
relatively few differences (I'm not a programmer so I couldn't tell what
the code differences meant).

Many thanks in advance for any clarification.