[x264-devel] x264 daily snapshots: what is the difference between the two available?

Steven Walters kemuri9 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:44:57 CEST 2011

for every commit spree, there is usually a set of bugfixes and a set
of 'enhancements'.

the master/normal branch gets both the bugfixes and enhancements.
the stable branch gets only the bugfixes.

the underlying logic here is that the enhancements will probably have
some bugs in them,
so the stable branch will have less bugs overall compared to the normal branch.