[x264-devel] some questions about "x264_is_regular_file" & "x264_is_regular_file_path" in file "common\osdep.h"

Edward Richards edward at edwardandalison.com
Fri Apr 13 19:30:24 CEST 2012

Using Windows Named Pipes (\\.\pipe\_THE_NAME_ ) is more complicated than
that.
You can't seek a pipe... which is one of the reasons that
"x264_is_regular_file" & "x264_is_regular_file_path" exist to test for such
things.

It turns out that you have to modify libav or ffmpeg's lavf to get it to
work with raw inputs like i420, i444 etc.

I have that code working but have not made a patch for submission.

It's not a x264 problem and it has nothing to do with the return codes from
the mentioned functions.

Edward