[x264-devel] libx264 for Blackfin?

Harald Krapfenbauer harald.krapfenbauer at bluetechnix.com
Fri Aug 10 09:44:32 CEST 2012

>>> The Blackfin is not particularly suited to running x264.
>>
>> Is this documented anywhere? Or was there some research, discussion
>> about it?
>
>It is a dual-issue architecture with no SIMD capabilities.

>From the reference manual:

"Instruction Overview
This chapter discusses the instructions that control vector operations.
Users can take advantage of these instructions to perform simultaneous
operations on multiple 16-bit values, including add, subtract, multiply,
shift, negate, pack, and search. Compare-Select and Add-On-Sign are also
included in this chapter."

Simultaneous operations on multiple 16-bit values...do you mean this by "dual-issue". I had thought, these vector operations are kind of SIMD...

Thank you for your input!
Harald