[x264-devel] libx264 for Blackfin?

Georg Lippitsch georg.lippitsch at gmx.at
Fri Aug 10 11:09:01 CEST 2012

Am 10.08.2012, 09:44 Uhr, schrieb Harald Krapfenbauer
<harald.krapfenbauer at bluetechnix.com>:

> Simultaneous operations on multiple 16-bit values...do you mean this by
> "dual-issue". I had thought, these vector operations are kind of SIMD...

In addition, the description on the website [1] says:

"..., the Blackfin Processor architecture includes instructions
specifically defined to enhance performance in video processing
applications. For example, Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) is supported
with an IEEE 1180 rounding operation, while the "SUM ABSOLUTE DIFFERENCE"
instruction supports motion estimation algorithms used in video
compression algorithms such as MPEG2, MPEG4, and JPEG.",

which sounds quite useful. But I doubt that any of these instructions will
currently be used by x264, so you will need to write all these
optimizations for yourself.

Regards,

Georg

[1]