[x264-devel] AVC Intra encoder based on libx264

Edward Richards edward at edwardandalison.com
Thu Feb 2 22:01:27 CET 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: x264-devel-bounces at videolan.org
[mailto:x264-devel-bounces at videolan.org] On Behalf Of Kieran Kunhya
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:45 AM
To: Mailing list for x264 developers
Subject: Re: [x264-devel] AVC Intra encoder based on libx264

> It's probably also worth comparing the output of Mainconcept and other
encoders we can get our hands on. It is highly regrettable that this is the
case but not a surprise to be quite honest coming from broadcast "specs".
It's not worth shooting the messenger over this or suggesting other editing
codecs because AVC-Intra 100 is a "standard" now and I'm glad it won over
JPEG2000. There's going to be a lot of widespread use of AVC-Intra and later
on AVC-Ultra and we clearly want x264 to be able to make working files

Here here.
I absolutely agree. AVC-Intra 100 is here to stay for a while and I'd like
to have x264 at the forefront of the best encoding possible. Anything to get
away from Main Concept's lack luster implementation is a good thing in my
books.

Edward.