[x264-devel] AVC Intra encoder based on libx264

Kieran Kunhya kieran at kunhya.com
Thu Feb 2 18:44:59 CET 2012

I think the only way to really sort this out is to make a wiki page and get people to comment on whether it works on X software or hardware.decoder.
(I'll do this if necessary and ask the appropriate people to see what they can contribute)

It's probably also worth comparing the output of Mainconcept and other encoders we can get our hands on. It is highly regrettable that this is the case but not a surprise
to be quite honest coming from broadcast "specs". It's not worth shooting the messenger over this or suggesting other editing codecs because AVC-Intra 100 is a "standard" now
and I'm glad it won over JPEG2000. There's going to be a lot of widespread use of AVC-Intra and later on AVC-Ultra and we clearly want x264 to be able to make working files

There may be guidance notes in the 2011 version of the AVC-Intra spec, I don't have access to that but I find it unlikely that there's anything useful there.

Kieran