[x264-devel] AVC Intra encoder based on libx264

Joseph Artsimovich joseph at mirriad.com
Mon Jan 30 17:34:55 CET 2012

Hello,

At MirriAd Ltd we created a command-line "AVC Intra 100" encoder based
on libx264. As it turns out, getting your bitstream accepted by various
existing decoders is much harder than merely complying with the spec. In
the end, we had to make a number of changes to libx264 itself to make
that possible. These changes are quite ad-hoc and therefore aren't
suitable for inclusion into libx264 as is, though the x264 team should
have no difficulties turning them into something more generic if there
is interest in doing that.

In compliance with the GPL, we release both our command-line encoder and
our changes to libx264 under the same license. Source archive:
ftp://ftp.uk.mirriad.com/pub/gpl/avci_encoder.tar.gz

Please don't expect us to support this code, though I will hang on this
mailing list for a while, answering questions.

--
Joseph Artsimovich
Senior C++ Applications Developer