[x264-devel] Rare macroblock errors in recent x264...

Jeppe Øland joland at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:47:55 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Jeppe Øland <joland at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As Jason wrote you last month we need sample. Preferably short source
>> sample with which we can reproduce your problem. If you can't provide
>> source sample than at least provide short encoded sample with error so
>> we can at least see it and analyse encoded stream (what caused error:
>> high QP, wrong prediction, etc.)
>
> As for getting some source content that exhibits the problem, so far
> it's been hard to nail down something small.
> But yesterday I may have found something ...

No idea if its the same problem as I'm seeing in the other files, but
I managed to get it to crap out with a small sourcefile!

    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3MnNal-dXZYOXZHcDUtUHdfNjA

T.avi = uncompressed snippet that causes a problem for me.
T.bat = commandline used.
T.x264.mp4 = compressed result (error almost at the end).

Regards,
-Jeppe